Echelon Data Centres is an international data centre infrastructure developer providing large-scale assets to support the growing global demand for data and computing resource – sustainably, responsibly and with due regard for the environment.
To support our current international management team, Echelon are recruiting an Operations and Facility Manager to drive the Data Centre Operations and related strategy across the Echelon portfolio – including Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.
Reporting to the COO, the successful candidate will:
- Define and maintain Operations and Facility management strategy across the Echelon group, with a focus on continuous improvement, industry best practice, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Take responsibility for delivery, management and reporting of all elements of Echelon’s operational service levels to occupiers.
- Provide leadership across the entire organisation from an operations and facility management perspective – interact with other disciplines including site selection, design and sales to ensure successful delivery of overall company goals.
- Proactively and reactively interface with occupier representatives and Echelon internal management with regards to all elements of service delivery.
- Manage any third parties involved in the delivery of service to Echelon’s occupiers.
- In conjunction with suppliers, define and maintain standards, KPIs, dashboards and reporting mechanism to ensure Echelon compliance with all service levels.
- Interface with the project delivery team in terms of commissioning and operational readiness for all Echelon delivery projects.
- Oversee all elements of equipment maintenance, advise on upgrades and servicing requirements.
- Manage Capex and Opex budgets in conjunction with CFO.
- Be responsible for risk identification, mitigation and management across Echelon’s operational facilities.
- Be an active member of the Echelon leadership team, support other areas of the organisation as required.
‹ Back to Careers
- At least 10 years experience managing data centre operational facilities and contributing to overall operations strategy within a hyperscale type environment.
- Thorough understanding of data centre critical infrastructure, including power and cooling.
- Team player with a ‘can do attitude’ and a history of strategic thinking, effective leadership and problem solving.
- Proven track record of managing third parties and vendor management.
- Strong communicator with experience reporting to clients and internal stakeholders.
- While predominantly based in Ireland, the successful candidate will be able to undertake domestic and international travel when required.
- A Bachelor level engineering or business degree is preferable.