Echelon Data Centres is an international data centre infrastructure developer providing large-scale assets to support the growing global demand for data and computing resources – sustainably, responsibly and with due regard for the environment.
To support our growing team, Echelon is now recruiting a Chief Engineer – M&E Services to manage and oversee all data centre mechanical and electrical system operations for their new facility in Dublin, Ireland.
This role will report to Echelon’s Data Centre Manager.
This position will be coming on board as we finalise construction and begin the mechanical and electrical services fitout, where the Chief Engineer – M&E Services will be an active participant in all commissioning, testing and start-up procedures. This is a full-time, permanent role and comes with an attractive remuneration package.
Chief Engineer – M&E Services – for Hyperscale data centre, providing engineering leadership in ensuring continuous operation of all mechanical and electrical services. Plans, implements, coordinates, and manages all mechanical & electrical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for an assigned facility, campus or portfolio of buildings.
- Manages mechanical & electrical services maintenance for assigned facilities and assists in the development of operating (OpEx) and capital (CapEx) budgets.
- Manages technical staff, including direct employees, outsourced supply partners and external contractors.
- SME for mechanical & electrical services operations within the assigned site.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Owner of site mechanical & electrical services operational procedures and continuous improvement of preventative maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
- Develops/maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with change control, external service providers and contractors.
- Interface with the project delivery team in terms of commissioning and operational readiness for all Echelon delivery projects.
- Be a health and safety champion with responsibility for risk identification and mitigation within assigned work areas.
- Ensures continued accuracy of all M&E services safety files, drawing registers, operational procedures, asset registers and CMMS plans.
- Responds to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchases for parts and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, legislation and company directives as relates to building M&E services operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
‹ Back to Careers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, 5+ of which must be within the data centre industry.
Time served mechanical and or electrical apprenticeship with the relevant experience is essential plus/or Bachelor’s degree in an associated engineering discipline.
- Experience of new data centre/facility start up and commissioning desirable, but not essential.
- Direct experience managing data centre mechanical and electrical services and contributing to site availability and continuous improvement.
- Thorough understanding of data centre critical mechanical and electrical system infrastructure.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret engineering drawings, P&ID, safety files and operational manuals.
- Proven experience managing data centre mechanical and electrical services delivered through either a directly managed team or third-party service provider.
- Proven experience integrating new projects or services to critical environments, either directly delivered or overseeing third-party project teams.
- Team player with a ‘can-do attitude’ and demonstrated experience in enhancing maintenance services.
- Strong communicator with proven experience providing reports and updates to key stakeholders, both internal and external.